CMPA Resident Symposium – Register today!
Jan 1, 2021 to Mar 31, 2021
12:00AM to 11:59PM
Date(s) - 01/01/2021 - 31/03/2021
We are pleased to announce the launch of the CMPA virtual workshop for residents, Prepped for Practice: Medical-legal essentials for residents. The CMPA has developed a 3.5 hour live, virtual workshop as a means to continue providing high quality medical-legal education for residents in their early years of practice. Residents who attend this virtual workshop will benefit from receiving essential medical-legal education to help reduce risk and keep patients safe.
About the workshop
Residents will explore a case study facilitated by CMPA physician advisors. Through discussion, small group breakout activities, and facilitated debriefs, residents will identify practical strategies to mitigate medical-legal risk and improve patient safety. Residents will also have the opportunity to ask their medical-legal questions to a legal counsel and a senior physician advisor in a dedicated Q&A session.
Registration for this online workshop will be open to residents across Canada. Residents will have the option to register for a workshop at a time that is most convenient to their schedule. SPACE IS LIMITED so residents are encouraged to register for their preferred workshop as soon as possible. A week prior to the session, residents will receive an email with pre-workshop materials and will be required to complete eLearning activities. The live workshop will be hosted via Zoom. Register today!
What you need to know:
- 40 live interactive virtual workshops are planned for 2021
- Registration is now open for events occurring from January-March 2021 (additional dates and times will be announced in early 2021)
- Topics covered: informed consent, documentation, teamwork, and disclosure
- Each workshop has a maximum capacity of 100 residents
- Subject matter is targeted to PGY1 Family Medicine and PGY2 specialty program residents