The Treats & Talks program, facilitated by Resident Affairs wellness counsellors and faculty, allows trainees to come together over refreshments to share, debrief, and support each other around the varied experiences that come with residency training.
- Provide a confidential space for residents to discuss topics relevant to them, such as burnout, dealing with traumatic cases, program changes and challenges or balancing work and personal life.
- Encourage resident-led discussions about maintaining well-being during residency training.
- Introduce useful coping tools and approaches.
- Learn about services available through the Resident Affairs office and meet members of the RA team.
- Sessions are typically 30 minutes to 1 hour, booked during academic half-days.
- Sessions can be virtual or in-person.
- Programs should arrange the “treats” at their discretion.
- Sessions are open to trainees only to promote open discussion.
- Resident Affairs may connect with a program’s residents, staff, or faculty ahead of time to learn more about current issues and context.