Skip to McMaster Navigation Skip to Site Navigation Skip to main content
McMaster logo


Postgraduate Medical Education

Learners in Distress

Do you have concerns regarding yours or someone’s well-being? Have you noticed a Learner experiencing clinical or academic difficulty? Have you or someone you know experienced mistreatment or harassment? Are you unsure what Learner supports are available?

Learners may contact the Resident Affairs office at any time. Resident Affairs is not an urgent crisis service, however we have an open-door policy for Learners seeking guidance or a confidential space to discuss personal and professional challenges. Please reach out at any time, particularly if you;

  • Have concerns regarding your well-being
  • Are experiencing clinical or academic difficulty
  • Aren’t sure what Learner supports are available
  • Have experienced mistreatment or harassment, or hear that another Learner has


Support Resources