July 1st Starts
In early March residents who will commence training on July 1 receive a communication from the PGME office informing them that they will soon receive an email from a Medportal account. Learners will need to check their spam/junk mail if they do not receive the message by mid march.
The email will lead them to the registration site that will detail the steps/actions that will need to be completed in order to start training. These include:
- Being informed of the three McMaster systems trainees will be using: Medportal, MedSIS, and the McMaster account.
- Completing tasks in the MedSIS system: completing the registration wizzard, signing the letter of appointment (LOA), signing the hospital appointment letter (HAL), and paying the registration fee.
- Applying for licensure/membership: College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) and Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA).
- Completing the health screening form.
- Completing benefit and payroll forms.
- Reviewing the PGME policies.
- Completing e-modules.
- Scheduling a PGME in-person registration appointment.
- Noting the PGME & Hamilton Hospital Orientation session.
Off Cycle Residents
Resident who are off cycle and do not begin training in July will also receive the above email; however, they will not be able to book the in-person registration appointment as the event occurs at the end of June. Before the start of training they will need to register in the McMaster PGME office where they will receive their Photo ID and other important information.
Existing residents who are continuing their training at McMaster into an new academic session (academic sessions are July 1- June 30) must complete the annual registration tasks. Trainees will be alerted by an email from pgmeres@mcmaster that will direct them to the annual registration site. There they will be advised of what they must do in order to continue their training into the next session:
- Completing tasks in MedSIS: completing registration wizzard, signing letter of appointment (LOA), signing hospital appointment letter (HAL), paying registration fees.
- Renewing licensure/membership: College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) and Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA).