July 1st Starts
In early March fellows who will commence training on July 1 will receive a communication from the PGME office informing them that they will soon receive an email from a Medportal account. Learners will need to check their spam/junk mail if they do not receive the message by mid march.
The email will lead them to a registration site that will inform them of what they must do and know in order to be able to start on July 1. This includes:
- Being informed of the three McMaster systems they will be using: Medportal, MedSIS, and McMaster Account.
- Completing tasks in the MedSIS system: completing the registration wizzard, signing the letter of appointment (LOA), paying the registration fee (if applicable).
- Applying for licensure/membership: College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) and Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA).
- Completing the Health Screening Form.
- Reviewing the PGME policies.
- Completing e-modules.
- Scheduling a PGME in-person registration appointment.
- Noting the PGME & Hamilton Hospital Orientation session.
Off Cycle Residents
Fellows who are off cycle and do not begin training in July will also receive the above email; however, they will not be able to book the in-person registration appointment as the event occurs at the end of June. Before the start of training they will need to register in the McMaster PGME office where they will receive their Photo ID and other important information.
Existing fellows who will continue their training into a new session will receive an email from the PGME office reminding them of the requirements to continue training:
- In MedSIS complete the registration wizzard, sign the letter of appointment (LOA), and pay the registration fee.
- Renew licensure/membership with College of Physicians of Ontario (CPSO) and Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA).
- Renew work permit (if applicable).