Skip to McMaster Navigation Skip to Site Navigation Skip to main content
McMaster logo


Postgraduate Medical Education

Health and Mental Health Services

CALL 9-1-1 if you need immediate help from ambulance, police, or fire services due to an:
Emergency physical or mental health concern, including:

    • Life or limb threatening injury, illness or situation
    • Suicide attempt or serious self-injury
    • Crime or fire in progress

CALL OR TEXT 9-8-8 (across Canada) if you are hopeless, having thoughts of suicide, making suicide plans or considering an attempt, or are supporting someone who is




Emergency Departments Hamilton General Hospital
237 Barton Street East
St. Catharines Site
1200 Fourth Avenue, St. Catharines
Grand River Hospital
835 King Street West, Kitchener
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
Charlton Campus 50 Charlton Avenue East
Greater Niagara General Site
5546 Portage Road, Niagara Falls
St. Mary’s General Hospital
911 Queen’s Blvd., Kitchener
Juravinski Hospital & Cancer Centre
711 Concession Street
Welland Site
65 Third Street, Welland
Cambridge Memorial Hospital
700 Coronation Blvd., Cambridge
Urgent Care Centres Main Street West Urgent Care
690 Main Street West
Douglas Memorial Site
230 Bertie Street, Fort Erie
K-W Urgent Care Clinic
385 Fairway Road South, Kitchener
Urgent Care – King Campus (St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton)
2757 King Street East
Port Colborne Site
260 Sugarloaf Street, Port Colborne
K-W Urgent Care Clinic
751 Victoria Street South, Kitchener
Mental Health Crisis Helplines COAST (Crisis Outreach and Support) – 905-972-8338
Suicide Crisis Line– 905-525-8611
COAST (Crisis Outreach and Support) – 1-866-550-5205
Distress Centre Niagara– 905-688-3711
CMHA Distress Line – 519-745-1166
CMHA Crisis Team
– 1-844-437-3247
PARO Crisis Line: 1-866-HELP-DOC (1-866-435-7362)
Mental Health Supports
  • Call Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000
  • Visit your primary healthcare provider:
  • Visit a sexual health clinic near you: Hamilton Sexual Health Clinics
  • Reach out to someone you trust for support (family member, friend, partner, etc.).
  • Speak to a mental health care provider/counsellor in the Resident Affairs Team
  • Find a counsellor through HHS Employee Assistance Program (User ID: HHSC, Password: MSSI)
  • Find a psychologist in the community (covered by PARO up to $1,000 per calendar year – see PARO Benefit Plan)
  • OMA Physician Health Program confidential helpline: 1-800-851-6606
Sexual Violence Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre
McMaster University Medical Centre
905-521-2100, ext. 73557
1200 Main St. W.
Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Program
Niagara Health System
St. Catharines General Site
905-378-4647, ext. 45300
1200 Fourth Ave
St. Catharines, ON L2S 0A9
Waterloo Region Sexual Assault/ Domestic Violence Treatment Centre
St. Mary’s General Hospital
911 Queen’s Blvd.
Kitchener, ON N2M 1B2
Have you experienced sexual violence?

Leaves of Absence Learn more about Leaves of Absence here.
Substance Abuse Connex Ontario: Free and confidential health services information for people experiencing problems with alcohol and drugs, mental illness or gambling by connecting them with services in their area.

Concerned about someone who might be in crisis?

Reach out. The most important thing you can do is let them know that they are not alone.

Contact a local crisis line or emergency services on their behalf, or accompany them to the emergency department. See local crisis phone numbers above.